Not for the faint hearted!

Well yesterday was pretty cruisy. In the afternoon we went to the beach, the boys found about 20 cuttlefish for the chickens! It was good to get out and about for a walk. We live in Redcliffe, one of the most beautiful places to live, right on Moreton Bay in Queensland. We live about 1 minute walk to the ocean and the kids love it. DH met a guy ready to go out Kayak fishing and had a big long chat with him about what bait to use, best places to go etc. E bought a sea kayak just before Xmas and has been taking it out at least once a week for a paddle but ultimately I think he would like to go fishing with it. This guy had a photo album with all his catches and most of them were Snapper between 50-80cm long! So E is amped now about going out fishing. He just needs to fit out the kayak for fishing!

Also I dyed the bamboo velour with a marbleing technique and OMG it ROCKS! I did have to make my own technique, as the tutorials I had seen didn't work very well. It is currently swishing around the front loader with some synthrapol. When it is dry I will post pics I really like it. It is probably only two cuts, both will be made into Dreamy Night Nappies which you can see at my store www.wildchildnappies.com. One nappy will be going to my lovely swapper M and the other will be going to my beautiful youngest bubba Soph.

One thing I did make was my most loved Double chocolate fudge brownies. Trust me it is not for the faint hearted, or those on a diet, but it is to die for. Best of all it's super easy, you can do it all in one pot!


Double chocolate fudge brownies
Ingredients:
250g unsalted butter
140g dark cooking chocolate
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1 3/4 cup of sugar (I use raw sugar for a caramel taste)
4 eggs (if you have smaller hens like our silkies use 6)
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of white chocolate drops (small ones)

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease and line a 19cm square tin (do not skip the lining of the tin or you'll be eating out of the cake tin with a spoon!)
  • Using a low heat or double boiler, melt dark choc and butter.
  • Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
  • While cooling stir in sugar and vanilla paste, mix well.
  • After at least 10 minutes add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
  • Fold in sifted flour and walnuts, mix until well combined.
  • Mix in white chocolate drops.
  • Pour into the tin and bake for about 35 minutes
  • Now the hard part.......leave it in the pan until it is totally cooled, it is very moist and will break apart if you remove it too early.
  • Slice once cool, store in the fridge.
  • These brownies are even better the next day if they last that long!
We still have about half a batch left, pretty good going for this place, it is normally gobbled up the same day.

Anyhooo I should get to work, hopefully the sewing machine mechanic will turn up today and I can get stuck back into it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Child Facebook Badge

Minicuteture Facebook Badge