****squeeeeeee****

For as long as I can remember I have absolutely loved handspun wool. The texture and "earthiness" of it, the way that you can get unexpected combinations and harmonies where you would never have expected them. They seem to have a "specialness" that just isn't captured by machine spun wool.

I have resisted the urge to spin for years now. I tried it about 10 years ago and was absolute crap at it, I would describe the experience as trying to ride a bike (without falling over) while patting your head and rubbing your tummy and keeping everything in time :o

Of course being crap at something does not sit well with me :P but I did resist as I really DID NOT need another hobby. I don't really have time for the ones I have now.....but well what can I say.... I have dipped my toe in I bought a spindle recently and I just got these bats..... I have to say that they are a beauty to behold! I got them from here Jo was amazingly helpful and even sent me a few extra bits to practice on before I use my "good wool"









So while I haven't gone crazy (yet) I have finally succumbed to my love of handspun wool. I have joined the Redcliffe Spinners and Weavers group and hopefully the lovely ladies there will help me over my phobia from my first experience with the spinning wheel.

2 comments:

Zan said...

You'll love it! Jo's stuff is lovely isn't it.

The Wild Child said...

probably Zan LOL.... Yeah Jo has a really good eye for colour and combinations.... I really liked her wool :)

Post a Comment

Wild Child Facebook Badge

Minicuteture Facebook Badge